It had been a couple years since the last one, so I decided that the time had come again to make a CD from my Launchcast station. Here, for your enjoyment, is another lyrics quiz to go along with it. There were 19 tracks on the CD — I’ve excerpted a lyric from each. The songs this time are, I think, a bit better known on the whole than the last batch. Guess as many as you like.
1. Smiling faces I can see / But not for me
2. Her good looks could’ve sailed a ship / But her will alone could’ve sunk it
3. When words mean nothing, I’ll be here singing
4. Spread the facts on the floor like a fan / Throw away the ones that make you feel bad
Everything under the sun is in tune / But the sun is eclipsed by the moon (jackbishop)
Baby you could never look me in the eye / Yeah you buckle with the weight of the words (kansasjenny)
7. Like a pillar of cloud, the smoke lingers high in the air / In fascination, with the eyes of the world, we stare
8. You saw me and you shut the door / And it only made me love you more
It must be the curse of the age/ What’s taken is never renewed (soul_diaspora)
10. Took my sweet time when I was bitter
11. I know the difference between wrong and right / Don’t make no difference in the middle of the night
I’m gonna turn that whiskey into rain (joenotcharles. Well, his wife, really. :))
13. I go to church on a Sunday / The vows that I make / I break them on Monday
14. A corner of your lips / Is the orbit of your hips
15. I stepped out of Mississippi when I was ten years old / With a suit cut sharp as a razor, and a heart made of gold
16. We may not know how or when / But don’t you wanna know why?
I had a brother at Khe Sanh / Fighting off the Viet Cong / They’re still there, he’s all gone (kansasjenny)
18. Would your eyes, like midnight fireflies / Light up the trenches where my heart lies?
19. We got to close our eyes / Cut up our losses into doable doses / Ration our tears and sighs